Granite curb (curbstone) or border stone is used in road construction and improvement.
Curbstone in stock and on order (curb, border stone):
- Curbstone Gabbro-diabase
- Curbstone Dymovsky
- Curbstone Vozrozhdeniye
- Curbstone Kambulat
- Curbstone Siberian granite
- Curbstone Kungurskoye deposit
- Curbstone Ninimyaki
- Curbstone Segezhsky
- Curbstone Yuzhno-Sultaevsky
- Curbstone Mansurovsky and others
Size and cost of Curbstone
Granite curbs and curbstone. Advantages of usage.
- Resistance to climatic changes and temperature changes.
- Durability. The service life can reach up to 150 years.
- They are not subject to rapid destruction from the impact of aggressive environments and chemical reagents used for treating the streets.
- The density of the stone guarantees resistance to mechanical influences, such as, for example, cleaning equipment.
- The variety of textures and colors makes the use of granite curb stone aesthetic.
- Meets the expectations of the improvement policy and the creation of a comfortable environment.
- It forms the prestige, image of a city, country, or private residence.
- The environmental friendliness of the material of granite border stones makes their use not only safe, but also responsible in relation to the environment.
Types of border stone (curbstone):
Profiled granite curbs (curbstone) are rectangular or GS.
Standard sizes and quality requirements are regulated. GOST 32018-2012 «Road construction products made of natural stone», this standard is valid from January 01, 2014; previously it was GOST 6666-81 «Border stones made of rocks».
In GOST 32018-2012, border stones are divided into:
- split border stones
- sawn border stones
In Russia, mostly sawn border stones are used.
The letters in GOST 32018-2012 mean the following:
- «К брт» – means “border stone”, determines the type of product
- «Г» – means rock, determines the material it is made of
- «П» — sawn, «К» — chipped – determines the type of surface
- «П’» — curved (for sawn surfaces). Determines the profile of the product.
- «П'(5000)» — bend radius in millimeters shown in brackets determines the bend radius
Where border stone ГП (GS) is used, what sizes and loading norms:
Radius curbstones, curbs
Radius curbs are rounded border stones in the form of an arc, used to divide the roadway or to decorate the territory.
Custom curbstones and curbs
They are made specifically for your order (size, shape and color depend on your wishes).
The main features of the side stone of GS from different deposits
- Gabbro-diabase curbstones and curbs from a deposit in Karelia. It is known for its strength and durability. It is ideal for making curbs. The density of gabbro-diabase is 3,07 g/cm3
- Curbstones and curbs Dymovsky granite are distinguished by their strength and resistance to temperature changes; for this it is loved by many architects and is widely used in their projects. Average density of Dymovsky granite is 3 g/cm3.
- Curbstones and curbs Granite Vozrozhdeniye make an integral part of architectural structures, bridges, as well as residential and non-residential buildings. The granite density is 2,7 g/cm3.
- Curbstones and curbs Kambulatovsky Granite – a natural fine-grain stone widely used for making slabs and steps; it will be great for curbstones as well. The density of Kambulatovsky Granite is 2,65 g/cm3.
- Curbstones and curbs Siberian Granite also is distinguished by high strength; it is actively used for paving, slabs and curbs. The density of Siberian Granite is 2,6 g/cm3.
- Curbstones and curbs Kungursky Granite has high wear resistance and reliable level of operation; it is often used for making slabs and curbs. The granite density is 2,7 g/cm3.
- Curbstones and curbs Mansurovsky. One can cover any surface with Mansurovsky granite and it will look nice and delicate. Any curb can also be made of Mansurovsky granite. The granite density is 2,7 g/m3.
The surface of border stones is often of different texture:
- Sawn is used most often;
- Thermo – anti-sliding effect;
- Bush hammered – decorative and anti-sliding effect, more expensive compared to thermo.
In accordance with GOST 32018-2012, on a curved curbstone, the back side is processed by 20 millimeters, but this treatment is only suitable if the curb is used in conjunction with a thin layer of asphalt.
It is important to know that for joining with materials that are thicker than asphalt, for example, paving slabs, the processing height must be at least 100 millimeters.
There may also be a situation where processing of both the front and back sides of the curb is required, for example, when the curbs play the role of parapets and separate two surfaces.
In this case, it is necessary to take into account the increase in production time and increase in cost.
Tolerances and deviations of the dimensions of the side stone.
For sawn side stones accuracy requirements are:
- Width +/-3 mm.
- Height +/- 10 mm.
Important: on the invisible part of the border stones (the one that will be under the surface of the roadway during installation), it is allowed to have large chips that do not affect the consumer properties of the products.